If you're the type of sports fan who wears your hat inside out when your team is losing, or sits on the left side of the couch at the end of games, you're going to want to listen up for the food versions of your Super Bowl superstitions.
Whether you're a Rams fan, Patriots fan, or just a degenerate who put down $2,000 on one of those teams, Grubhub, the popular food delivery app, put together a recipe for success using eating trends from both Los Angeles and the greater New England area.
The gist of it is, Rams fans should eat beef shawarma, and Patriots fans should eat sausage pizza if they want their teams to win.
Grubhub came to these conclusions by analyzing the most popular orders put in on days the Rams and Patriots won this season.
On days the Rams won games, beef shawarma was 163 percent more popular in Los Angeles than any other order food order. Followed by mac & cheese, shrimp scampi, chicken alfredo, and ramen.
When the Patriots were victorious, sausage pizza was 181 percent more popular among New Englanders. After that, the most popular foods on victory days were eggplant parmesan sandwiches, ham and cheese sandwiches, pork wonton soup, and cheeseburgers.
Most Popular Food Orders For Rams Wins
1. Beef shawarma (163% more popular)
2. Mac and cheese (115% more popular)
3. Shrimp scampi (110% more popular)
4. Chicken Alfredo pasta (105% more popular)
5. Ramen (103% more popular)
6. Chicken shawarma pita (103% more popular)
7. Penne bolognese (98% more popular)
8. Chicken masala (91% more popular)
9. Baba ganoush (91% more popular)
10.Lamb shank (77% more popular)
Most Popular Food Orders For Patriot Wins
1. Sausage pizza (181% more popular)
2. Eggplant parmesan sandwich (171% more popular)
3. Ham and cheese sandwich (155% more popular)
4. Pork wonton soup (149% more popular)
5. Cheeseburger (127% more popular)
6. Pulled pork sandwich (127% more popular)
7. California club sandwich (123% more popular)
8. Garden roll (116% more popular)
9. Spicy edamame (101% more popular)
10.Eggplant parmesan (92% more popular)
Now you know what your Super Bowl party spread should look like. If you stray away from this formula, expect your team to lose. Hey, I don't make the rules, I just tend to follow the supernatural ones.